Options

To List or not to list the current employment status

This site is been very helpfull to me for career or educational purpose, Once again im here to ask advice from our colleagues. Now here's the scoop I am just currently employed with a Mfg Company my job is not I.T related, And Im thinking of sending a resume to a different company for there IT Support team.

My questions:Is it ok to put my current employment to my resume since im just new working only for just 3 days ( Would this affect my application since im not wrking as IT and want to work again to a different company ) or Is it better not to disclose the current one. I just dont want to have a bad reputation of trying to keep on changing job. The only purpose I got is to getting into IT Field and gain more experience.

thanks in advance..

Comments

• Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    If you were only working there 3 days, I wouldn't put it on the resume. If it comes up, I wouldn't hide it though. At the same time, I wouldn't initiate the disclosure either.
  • Options
    jetdynamicsjetdynamics Member Posts: 129
    Thanks...Danman32

Thats what also im thinking but if ever got an interview and ask me when i could start do you think i still need two weeks notice for the current one? or whats the best approach to answer them since it was not stated in my resume that I am currently employed
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I suppose that's where the disclosure would be required, if they insist on knowing why your start date is one or two weeks ahead. However, you could just generically state you have other obligations, which isn't a lie, but isn't being detailed. For all they know, you could have scheduled vacation time with non-refundable tickets.
  • Options
    jetdynamicsjetdynamics Member Posts: 129
    Wow good suggestions!! I will use this one when the time comes Thanks a lot!!