Options

290 beore 270 or 210

netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
According to Mr Micheal Myers book, Network + Passsport, he states that you can do either 210 or 270, before or after server 2003, what do other people think of this? icon_rolleyes.gif
Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"

Comments

• Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Most people do the 290 after the client exam. But of course you can do it any way you please.
    witty comment
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I saved 70-270 for last on my MCSA track. Since a lot of things overlap from 70-290, it was even "easier". It was nice to be heading in for that last exam, and thinking: "All I need to do is pass this test, and I'm an MCSA. I'm so glad 70-291 is behind me." And believe me, having gotten 70-290 and 70-291 out of the way was a BIG relief, going in for the XP test.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    slow hand has a point that would be an ideal situation - but i , like most, have done the 270 first. for me there was no real reason its mainly because i work withit the most whereas i dont with the 290 / 291 side. so i thought i would study and take the exam and i passed on thursday. no wmy situation is to whether to take 290 or 291 first. so whatever rocks ur boat i guess. either way you have to attempt all the exams one way or another!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Slowhand wrote:
    I saved 70-270 for last on my MCSA track. Since a lot of things overlap from 70-290, it was even "easier". It was nice to be heading in for that last exam, and thinking: "All I need to do is pass this test, and I'm an MCSA. I'm so glad 70-291 is behind me." And believe me, having gotten 70-290 and 70-291 out of the way was a BIG relief, going in for the XP test.

Strongly agree...I too will be doing 270 last. Working on 291 currently. I find that it helps me to put things into perspective because I know the server aspect of the environment.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    I did 270 first and glad I did.

Studying for 290 now and there is a ton of overlap...allows me to focus on only the areas that are new.
  • Options
    rockstar81rockstar81 Member Posts: 151
    I did it 270-290-291, I found 50% of the material on 290 is from 270, 291 however is quite a lot of new stuff.