Price increase for Net+?

kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
I'm scheduling my test for next Friday, and the price is $225. Am I crazy, or was it not $218 just a few weeks ago? Maybe I'm thinking of something else, but I sure had $218 stuck in my head for some reason. My employer is covering the cost, so it's no big deal, just wondering if they increased it lately.

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I think it's been $235 for a while. The $218 may have been a voucher price?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    I don't know, maybe I was looking at a voucher price. When I got clearance from our IS Director to pay for the test, I told him $218, so hopefully he doesn't flip out about another $7! (He's the Finance Director too, so I'm sure he counts every penny that goes in and out!)
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    I took mine on August 21, I paid in Canadian currency, and I dont remember what it was. But it appears on email confirmation stating it was $218USD, so I guess I paid $218.

But then I had applied my 25% discount from CompTIA IT Pro, so I saved like 50 bucks or something.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Thanks, I feel sane again!
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    when i took mine even with the voucher it was 150 the regular price was 225
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Comptia me thinks is turning into a cash cow like M$ on Tests
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not sure what the exchange rate but mine was 180UK Pounds. Did think it was quite alot but then again think of it as a cert for life.....180 pound aint much for a lifetime investment!
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    malcybood wrote:
    Not sure what the exchange rate but mine was 180UK Pounds. Did think it was quite alot but then again think of it as a cert for life.....180 pound aint much for a lifetime investment!

icon_eek.gif

$180GBP? icon_eek.gif

that's like $320USD....more than 50% more than the suggested exam cost in US/Canada.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • cchampcchamp Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    net + straight up is 225, i just took it, my school paid for it but i seen the reciept, it used to be 218 thoough, all of comtia stuff went up a lil bit!!
    malcybood wrote:

icon_eek.gif

$180GBP? icon_eek.gif

that's like $320USD....more than 50% more than the suggested exam cost in US/Canada.

Yeah well that's the 17.5% tax that we pay over here kicking in then I guess!

I think the CCNA is about £120 although I've not booked it yet....It's in that region though!
    malcybood wrote:
    malcybood wrote:

icon_eek.gif

$180GBP? icon_eek.gif

Yeah well that's the 17.5% tax that we pay over here kicking in then I guess!

I think the CCNA is about £120 although I've not booked it yet....It's in that region though!

Oh yeah plus I can claim it back on expenses from my employer, so it doesn't bother me......whilst in this job anyway!
  • jsobrinogjsobrinog Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, they increase the cost of the exam. The same happend to me when i scheduled my A+ , from 153dlls to 158dlls :S kinda strange, maybe they want to close the year with more bucks! jeje
  • furbyfurby Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The exam price here in the netherlands is 295,12 euros, thats about 352,91 US dollars.

So I think the netherlands is the most expensive in the whole world icon_sad.gif