Options

Medical scissor-type pliers?

gmdeppgmdepp Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I worked at a place that had one of the best PC tech tool I have ever used. They looked like large medical scissors, but the tips were pliers. They locked at the handle like medical scissors though. Anyone ever seen these or know where I could get some for myself? I am guessing fishing supply stores may have something like this also...

Comments

• Options
    Ghetto RamboGhetto Rambo Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    err i got one of those in my electronics tool kit, so i assume an electronics/computer store should have it, i rarely use it though, just what exactly you think it makes one of the best pc tech tools??
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They are called Forceps. I think you can purcase them from a drugstore/chemist depending on your location. There are fishing versions out there, but mostly they are not locking ones.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    RussS - I did a search for forceps, you are right, that's exactly what they are. I had no idea they were called forceps, I have only heard of forceps being used in childbirth and thought they were big salad spoons that popped the kid out or something icon_rolleyes.gif

Ghetto - I found that it is really nice to have a pair available for pulling hard drives, stuck PCMCIA cards, and general junk out of laptops, reaching in and around tight corners, pulling things out from behind motherboards, holding tiny screws, boards, wires steady, etc. I suppose it's kind of like doing surgery on a computer, but after years of working on computers I found it was really nice not to tear up fingers and to be able to use the leverage they give in a small space.
  • Options
    GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    I think they're actually called hemostats, and they're used as drug paraphanalia a lot to, so don't keep them in your car or anything, where you might get pulled over and searched, because cops won't believe they're just used on you pc.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • Options
    If they want to dig between all the monitors, keyboards, tangled mice, PC books and all the other crap I have back there they are welcome to it icon_wink.gif