Options

True Job Search Blunders

ms_visioms_visio Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
:study:

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    When we had people coming in for interviews, some were so strange we gave them nicknames after they left in order to remember who they were while deciding who to hire (and honestly, if they were awarded a nick name, they probably weren't getting a second interview).

Examples:
      Twitchy Whistler Homeless Lady The Drunk Slurpee

icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    ms_visioms_visio Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    When we had people coming in for interviews, some were so strange we gave them nicknames after they left in order to remember who they were while deciding who to hire (and honestly, if they were awarded a nick name, they probably weren't getting a second interview).

Examples:
      Twitchy Whistler Homeless Lady The Drunk Slurpee

icon_lol.gif

Thats funny icon_lol.gif and i hope i never gave u an interview icon_rolleyes.gif

How would you like to tell more about some more interesting interview experiences as a interviewer....??
    :study:
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ms_visio wrote:
    How would you like to tell more about some more interesting interview experiences as a interviewer....??

Any way you like - as long as they don't identify anyone icon_lol.gif

I have some funny stories about hiring staff in a previous life icon_cool.gif
    One interesting experience was with my brother and a couple of our senior employees interviewing about 400 people for 150 positions in a new business venture.
    Hi there. In 50 words or less tell me why I should hire you.
    1 person every 5 minutes for each of us - was about 8 or 9 hours non stop. The following day we each graded the applications from 1 - 5. All the 1's made it - all the 2's made it - we swapped piles of the 3's and came to within 10 or 12 which were filled from the 4's. On each application we marked the position in the business we thought they would fit into and of those 150 people there are still 30 or 40 of them working for my brother 6 years on.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007