Options

im screwed!

caswell22caswell22 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
damn xbox and guitar! i booked my exam a few weeks ago thought that would be enough time to study and pass, but all i have done in the last 2 weeks is work, play xbox and play guitar, my exam is tomorrow morning, so i guess i have just wasted £100 on my exam. does anyone know of any cramsheets avaliable i can read before tomorrow and any other free practice tests? i only got 50% on the one on here. im so screwed!

xbox ruined my life lol
XBOX + GUITAR = failed exams!

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Simply put, postpone. You're not ready to waste the money if you didn't study. Just put it off a week or two, then hide you're guitar and Xbox, and prepare to pass the exam, when you're ready. Unless you have lots of money to buy more vouchers......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    i cant postpone, i think the place where im taking exam needs atleast 48hrs notice, im just hoping i'll scrape though, i fully understand NTFS permisons, and the fault tolerance aspects of the exam, im just revising the instalations part and terminal services and remote access, thats where im sucking
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Just dont over do it you still need a good amount of sleep or you wont function and remember any of it let alone the bits your not so sure on.

Cant hurt to ring & see if you can postpone thou....
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    does anyone know of any other sites with a free practice test like on this site? i know about mcmcse, does anyone know of any others?

i have checked the small print, i have to give atleast 1 working day notice to cancel.

for people who took the exam, what areas where tested the most?

to be honest im quite confident that i know enough but the questions try and throw you, the scenario questions and the multiple answer questions get me, esp when it says choose all that aply, if it said pick 2 it would be ok, but when it says choose all that apply there is always one answer which thows me, do i tick it or not sort of thing.
  • Options
    my head is really fried now!!! been studying hard all afternoon. done another practice test and got 60% the studyguide that my training centre just doesnt have enough info. i dont get IIS at all, and installing service packs and drivers via the $$ folders is not in the manual at all, im going to read over some stuff from network + about remote acces and vlans then off to bed, im so goin to fail. wish me luck and pray for me icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Simply put, you are beyond help right now. If you are getting 60% on that practice test what makes you think you will fare any better on another test. You have noone to blame but yourself. Good luck anyhow cause you will definitely need it.
  • Options
    Simply put, you are beyond help right now. If you are getting 60% on that practice test what makes you think you will fare any better on another test. You have noone to blame but yourself. Good luck anyhow cause you will definitely need it.

i passed, i cant belive it myself! i got 790. i guess the study cram yesterday paid off. i dont recomend doin what i done to anyone though, its certainly not the way to go! im going to be a good boy for my next mcp and study for a good few weeks, my next exam is the xp prof client exam i think its 70-270.

thanks for all the good luck vibes, i feel a bit like a fraud i know people study for months for these and i come along and do it all in a day.

anyhow thanks to all
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Congrats!

So what's next for you? 216? Working on MCSA on Win2k? Good luck!
    Hopefully you'll allocate more time and studying for your next 70-xxx.

Cheers.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Congrats then!

What was your magical formula that you used for last minute cramming?
    witty comment
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I'm studying for this exam now... How difficult was the exam? What can I expect from the exam?

Should I lock up my Guitars, drums, Mbox (yes MBOX) and gaming systems?
    I'm only up to chapter 3 in my Syngress book for the 70-215 test.... I hope to have the book finished by the end of the month.

How hard was the exam compared to the practice tests you took here and other places?
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I didn't do so hot on practice exams for 293, yet I got an 896 on the actual test. Seems MS doesn't use too many 'choose all that apply' anymore, and also usually spells out if the answers are to be combined to form one solution, or if the questions are separate, independent solutions.

But that's on the later exams, not sure if they improved the clarity of the questions/answers on the 210 series tests.

But as long as you didn't ****, you did OK by me. If you still don't feel confident about knowing the material as much as you think you should, just study at your leisure, without having the pressure to take the exam anymore.
  • Options
    to be honest the exam wasnt as hard as i thought, just take your time to understand the question, i probably wasnt really reading the questions in the practice exams. in my real exam i took my time and i made drawings on my note pad to fully understand what was bein asked.

i would say lock up guitars and mbox and study hard, i found the course material what was supplied to me didnt have enough info on some stuff, but i wasnt tested on that. my exam had lots of stuff on disk management and ntfs permisions and im cool with that stuff. if i had lots on iis and terminal services i would have failed, i also had a few questions on remote access i know i got wrong.

and my secret to passing was LED ZEPLIN and REDBULL this morning, caffine and loud music stimulates the mind,
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    eastpeastp Member Posts: 179
    Congrats..