2000 server evaluation copy???

caswell22caswell22 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi all, i just wondered if anyone knew where i can get hold of 2000 server evaluation so i can get some hands on experince with it????
XBOX + GUITAR = failed exams!

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Microsoft?

Or
    Try the MSPress book sets. Used to include an eval copy.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Requirements-Training-CD-ROM/dp/0735611300/sr=1-2/qid=1157996342/ref=pd_bbs_2/103-0089737-0759048?ie=UTF8&s=books

Used books may or maynot have the CD due to someone losing it.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • caswell22caswell22 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote:
    Microsoft?

quote]

they only got 2003 server on theier site. never used vitual PC only herd about it on here today, can i use 2000 server with that? how? and do i need server cd to use 2000 server with virtual PC?
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    they only got 2003 server on theier site. never used vitual PC only herd about it on here today, can i use 2000 server with that? how? and do i need server cd to use 2000 server with virtual PC?

Virtual PC is only a virtualization software. It gives you a "software comptuer" that you can use as a software package. So yes, with virtual PC, you will still need a cd.

Have you tried eBay?
    Jack of all trades, master of none

Virtual PC is only a virtualization software. It gives you a "software comptuer" that you can use as a software package. So yes, with virtual PC, you will still need a cd.

Have you tried eBay?

no i not looked on ebay, i didnt really want to spend any cash, ill take a look now and see what i can find
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Check the link by Plantwiz - the whole set of MCSE 2000 Core books and the CD you are looking for:
    This boxed set helps you prepare for the four examinations you must pass to qualify as a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) under the Windows 2000 curriculum. You'll find lots of information on Windows 2000 and its networking capabilities in this kit; specifically, it comprises four books (Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Professional, Active Directory Services, and Network Infrastructure Administration) and a CD-ROM (a 120-day evaluation version of Windows 2000 Server).

It looks like less than a buck ($1.00) and shipping will get it delivered to your door.
    All things are possible, only believe.
    i just put a £2 bid on an evaluation copy, i cant belive im goin to pay for something that was made avaliable free by M$ oh well its only a couple of quid,