books for BCRAN & CIT

normtnormt Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
any suggestions, cisco press or Sybex etc, would appreciate some views on books used.
Elvis Lives!!! Thank you very much!!!

Comments

• MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    I'm using Cisco Networking Academy, Sybex CCNP Complete, ExamCram2, Trainsignal, CBT icon_eek.gif
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    I used the Cisco Press book, and a fair amount of DocCD time. I would recommend adding to whatever you use, following the blueprint. Look at some RFCs (2516, 1483/2684, etc) and the DocCD. www.cisco.com/univercd
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My experience of the ccnp is no one source is enough, standard exam cisco press books are generally boring reads and miss topics.Make sure you check the blue print and use cisco.com to complement any books you use.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • YankeeYankee Member Posts: 157
    I have always advised the appropriate Cisco Press book for the exam you want, supplemented by the overlapping Cisco Press CCIE level books and of course CCO.
    The more detailed the book, the more boring some report the book to be.
    These are not intended to be mystery novels, though to some they may seem to be.

Yankee
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yankee wrote:
    The more detailed the book, the more boring some report the book to be.
    These are not intended to be mystery novels, though to some they may seem to be.
    Yankee

Not true at all, the books are boring due to the authors writing style and failure to describe detail in an understandable and logical way.Look at doyles book compared to the bsci study guide, you cant say doyles book lacks detail.He knows how to get his point across and puts himself in the place of the reader.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I would think one way an author can make a topic interesting is using analogies. That's how I often try and describe things. Sometimes though what started out as a good analogy ends up not quite fitting.

How people use the telephone, postal (snail) mail and waterworks are common things I use.
  • YankeeYankee Member Posts: 157
    [/quote]

Not true at all, the books are boring due to the authors writing style and failure to describe detail in an understandable and logical way.Look at doyles book compared to the bsci study guide, you cant say doyles book lacks detail.He knows how to get his point across and puts himself in the place of the reader.[/quote]

I would never complain about Doyle's books but I have heard some call him boring. I have never read a BSCI book because that exam was called ACRC back when I took it (CCNP version 1).

Yankee