Options

Nervous about simulations but I have lots of experience...

watercooledwatercooled Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have the Boson CCNA exams 1 and 2 and there are simulator questions on that. They are so easy it's not even funny, easier than breathing but I keep hearing what a nightmare these sims are on the CCNA.

Are they just like the ones on the Boson practice exams? Configuring IP address on interfaces, setting up RIP, assigning passwords, changing hostnames? I hear there are RIP troubleshooting sims? Are the sims setup so that you have access to jump around multiple routers in an enterprise?

What is so hard about them? I am not asking for examples but elaborations on why they are so "hard"?

This is making me nervous for a test that I figured I would pass with no problem. My lazy self has finally gotten around to taking it, I would be rather embarrased if I failed it. I work side by side with several CCIE's who told me I should just take the darn test and get it over with...

Comments

• Options
    seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
    with your experience you should be fine, just watch your time and ensure you know subnetting well and ACLs and keep practising sims

gud luck!!! ive got mine in a few days icon_confused.gif
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '
  • Options
    dieublancdieublanc Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I too did the Boson CCNA tests and router sims which as you say were very easy. The problem is they give you 3 routers with IP adrs's and say that Rip is already configured but that there may be an error or errors. I couldn't find any errors so if I get that question again I'm gonna just configure rip and ping the other routers from each router and save my changes. I'm not sure if that's what Cisco is looking for as the question isn't all that clear.
  • Options
    OK so the host adrs is showing in router rip instead of the network adrs. Therefore all you need to do is delete that and input the correct network adrs on each router. Am I understanding this correctly??
  • Options
    yeah and save it to nvram but that might not be all that was wrong but thats all that i cud see try telnetting and trac route to determine problems
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '
  • Options
    Did you have to log in to each router to do this?????
  • Options
    bonam004bonam004 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sims are very simple so go for it and don't be afraid!!

icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    they are simple just make sure you always copy run start!
  • Options
    o and make sure you check the status of your interfaces on the sims as problems usually lie in the WAN interfaces as the questions always specify an internetwork connectivity problem

gud luck
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    To those who's posts are removed from this topic:

icon_exclaim.gif Discuss "configuring RIP"... NOT how to complete a simulator on the exam.
  • Options
    cresswellscresswells Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How would you do it at work ?

Draw a network diagram (you don't have access to printer at the test!)

Find the current running config

Find the IP routes

Make the necessary changes

Check they work

Save them!