Options

Catherine Paquet/Diane Teare -- good for new CCNP exam?

HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
Is this book still valid for bsci studies? I bought this a few months ago and I'd hate it to go to waste. I see now there is more IPv6 stuff such as configuring/verify IPv6 with OSPF and IPv4 and 6 interoperation...

Which book would you suggest to study for the NEW BSCI exam? I have TCP/IP Volume 1 and the CCNP Self Study by Catherine Paquet. I was thinking of just reading TCP/IP routing vol 1 & 2 since I hear nothing but great reviews about these two books, but at the same time I am setting my BSCI exam for the start of January.
Now working full time!

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is this book still valid for bsci studies? I bought this a few months ago and I'd hate it to go to waste. I see now there is more IPv6 stuff such as configuring/verify IPv6 with OSPF and IPv4 and 6 interoperation...

Which book would you suggest to study for the NEW BSCI exam? I have TCP/IP Volume 1 and the CCNP Self Study by Catherine Paquet. I was thinking of just reading TCP/IP routing vol 1 & 2 since I hear nothing but great reviews about these two books, but at the same time I am setting my BSCI exam for the start of January.

The BSCI focuses mainly on IGP's and there manipulation, also hits afew other topics briefly like ipv6,nat,bgp etc
    The new course will include all these unless some new advanced routing protocols are going to be introduced in the next couple of months that will radically change networking, hmmm i dont think so.
    The new course has extra material, will this extra material be in the old books? No,why? because the old exam didnt include the new material.
    So you need to find a resource for the new material.New resource for cisco material?? i'll take a wild stab here "www.cisco.com"
    Just following the blue print but for sure learn the old material first as i cant think of anything in the old books not worth reading apart from ISIS.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    If you have older books, it can help you get started. But in all likelyhood, you'll need the newer material, which won't be available until around the new year.

But again, you can get a head start on learning the stuff.
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    I will stick with my TCP/IP routing 1&2 books as they will cover me for the new BSCI material.
    Now working full time!