Options

Ugh, failed BSCI

RandyCCIE#TBDRandyCCIE#TBD Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
the exam is so much harder than any prep exams out there, i don't care what anyone says. Although I was very surprised to see what the needed passing score was at the beginning of the test, it was significantly lower than what I thought it would be. I got hammered with obscure facts on EIGRP and there was way too much IS-IS theory on there. Is anyone actually using IS-IS in a 100-500 node environment? I thought I totally bombed but only failed by a few questions.

ILL BE BACK NEXT WEEK FOR MORE PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think if you read the forum you will find general agreement that this is a tough exam.Passing score was 776 on my exam.What obscure facts on eigrp? It sounds like you havent prepared enough, this exam is the most important as this is the stuff you should be working on day in day out.Its better to know the stuff than pass the exam dont you think? I do know of a company that runs ISIS in a large deployment.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    Ed - thanks for the encouragement, :). Let's face the fact that most of us will NEVER see ISIS in a production environment. There's a reason its being phased out of the new BSCI exam. Regarding my prep. you're probably right that I wasn't as ready as I could have been, but I aced the sims because I actually know how to configure routing protocols at the NP level, I just didn't brush up on enough useless theory. I think there's a big difference between being able to answer obscure questions about ISIS theory, and being able to troubleshoot a multi area OSPF network, which is what you're more likely to see in the real world.

My opinion only, if the exam were all sims I would have passed with flying colors. I'd rather be the type who can actually fix problems as opposed to someone who can memorize RFC numbers for every routing protocol ever developed.

I dont mean to sound defensive, I'm really just angry that I have to pay another $125 to pass this exam next week.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    which areas did u miss more than 60%in those are the ones you need to strengthen and those u were less than 100% you need to fine tune
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    apcunomeapcunome Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    rgeorge,

Im currenlty studying for BSCI, and I aint had much time on any cisco kit. I would be keen to know what sim's you had in your exam!

Cheers!
    Ad
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    rgeorge,

Im currenlty studying for BSCI, and I aint had much time on any cisco kit. I would be keen to know what sim's you had in your exam!

Cheers!

There is such a thing as an NDA. Discussing the sims in the exams is a breach of the non-disclosure agreement. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    since the NDR police are here, i will say that i had the same 2 sims that a previous poster spoke of a few posts prior to my original post.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    rgeorge wrote:
    since the NDR police are here, i will say that i had the same 2 sims that a previous poster spoke of a few posts prior to my original post.
    At least you haven't incurred the wrath of the **** Police!

Good Luck on your next attempt!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274

No need to take the Huff! icon_eek.gif

In my opinion this is on of the very few "honest" certification forums left!
    It would be nice of it stayed that way.

I am not having a dig at you, I dont beleive however that is a very professional question. A person should be confident enough in their studies to walk into an exam room without already knowing the answers - especially at a CCNP level.

MY 2 Cents!! allout.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.