Options

Main study areas.

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
I am going through the microsoft press book right now.

Some of it is just a "refresher" on stuff and some of it is new.

I was just wondering, is there anything that I should study really hard on? Or is there anything that I should remember for the exam?

Thanks,
Jamie
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    I dont remember who said this...but I think it went something like this:

"it's not like you have something to lose, but it's definitely that you have alot to gain"

I think there's so much in that for exam-takers to think about.

anyway, in terms of 270, there's suppose to be some over-lap with 290...I'm havnt really looked at strict 270 materials...but from 290/291, I'm thinking RAID, Terminal Service (remote desktop), IIS, driver signatures will all be candidate topics.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    erm the 270 and 290 are not a like at all... 290 is based on a server OS. 270 is based on a client-operating system. There is very little overlap.
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd say about 30% of 270 and 290 overlap; especially when it comes to NTFS permissions, setting up printers, disk management. There are a few other areas that overlap as well.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So, the main study areas are??
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    anyway, in terms of 270, there's suppose to be some over-lap with 290...I'm havnt really looked at strict 270 materials...but from 290/291, I'm thinking RAID, Terminal Service (remote desktop), IIS, driver signatures will all be candidate topics.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-270.asp#SKILLS
    Jack of all trades, master of none