Options

confused about new A+ for current holders

johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
Today I went to see my Comptia certification progress online. Under A+ I am marked off as having the actual cert and then half marked off under, Depot technician, IT technician, and remote support technician. Then under A+ essentials I have nothing. Can anyone explain this to me? icon_confused.gif
BS - Computer Science
MS - Computer Information Systems

Comments

• Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    I just checked mine and all of the boxes for the 2006 tests are empty. A glitch, maybe?
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    all of my 06 boxes are empty. I guess they're updating things.
    I think it should be that your depot/it/remote tech boxes are half meaning enrolled because all A+ certified professionals will only need to write 602/603/604 for updated A+ on 06 track. So technically we're all enrolled.

But they cant check off your 601 essentials box, because you didnt write that exam.

Clear?
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
    So, we're all considered A+ certified, but in order to be considered 2006 certified, we need to pass one additional exam? icon_confused.gif
    BS - Computer Science
    MS - Computer Information Systems

Yes. once you're A+ Certified, you're A+ certified for life unless they revoke it from you. If you are interested in getting the 2006 update, you only need the elective exam as far as I have read.

note: you are not double A+ if you do get the update. I dont know what the policy will be for people that get the update. But I'm assumming you CAN NOT say:
    CompTIA A+ Certified Professional
    CompTIA A+ Certified IT Technician/Remote Support/Depot Tech..

you're going to be CompTIA A+ Certified (blank) Tech.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Likely the best thing to do is contact CompTIA directly.

Looking my report:

A+ status = Certified

A+Depot Tech - nothing
    A+Essentials - nothing
    A+IT Technician - nothing
    A+Remote Support - nothing

nothing = Not Enrolled
    half = At least 1 requirement that triggered enrollment
    Certified
    'x" - decertified or expired

So, your exam likely triggered part of the new exams. Probably if you take the essentials exam when it is released you'll be credited with the newer status. Frankly, if your certified....your certified so continue on your path.

I would probably find out by contacting COMPTIA first, but once certified I would not dwell on this cert any further. FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    chilskaterchilskater Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If i take the new test which include A+ Essential and passed it, i will have these:

A+ Status = CERTIFIED
    A+ Essential = CERTIFIED

isn't?i am waiting for the new updated A+ before taking any test