Options

Passed

turboturbo Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed my 290 yesterday. I didn't do as well as I would have liked (790) but I'm just glad to be done with it. I used CBT nuggets, Learnkey (which I highly recommend), and testout videos. The test was 42 questions with 4 sims and I finished in one hour and twenty minutes. I was not tested on disaster recovery as much as I was thinking I would be, but I got hit with a lot of questions on server monitoring (performance monitor, event viewer, etc). This was my first Microsoft exam and I must say I was a nervous wreck going in to it. Good luck to everyone that is getting ready to take this exam. I guess it's on to the 270 next, then the 291 and I'll be a MCSA :D .

Comments

• Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Congrats! :)
    witty comment
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    turbo wrote:
    I passed my 290 yesterday. I didn't do as well as I would have liked (790) but I'm just glad to be done with it. I used CBT Nuggets, Learnkey (which I highly recommend), and testout videos. The test was 42 questions with 4 sims and I finished in one hour and twenty minutes. I was not tested on disaster recovery as much as I was thinking I would be, but I got hit with a lot of questions on server monitoring (performance monitor, event viewer, etc). This was my first Microsoft exam and I must say I was a nervous wreck going in to it. Good luck to everyone that is getting ready to take this exam. I guess it's on to the 270 next, then the 291 and I'll be a MCSA :D .

/cliche

A pass is a pass mate ;)

Grats!
  • Options
    /cliche

A pass is a pass mate ;)

Grats!

I know, I know. Don't get me wrong I had a smile on my face all day that you couldn't have beaten off with a ball bat. icon_lol.gif

I also forgot to mention this site in the original post. Thanks for the technotes!
  • Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    Good luck becoming MCSA.

Job experience ? What do you work ( just curios ).
    icon_cool.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    turbo wrote:
    I passed my 290 yesterday. I didn't do as well as I would have liked (790) but I'm just glad to be done with it. I used Learnkey (which I highly recommend), ...

This was my first Microsoft exam and I must say I was a nervous wreck going in to it. Good luck to everyone that is getting ready to take this exam. I guess it's on to the 270 next, then the 291 and I'll be a MCSA :D .

I agree, LearnKey is great.

Congrats about 290, and good luck to you on your 291!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    !30 wrote:
    Good luck becoming MCSA.

Job experience ? What do you work ( just curios ).
    icon_cool.gif

As far as past job experience goes, I started computer tech work about 5 years ago. I got stuck in the same old routine for a while and did only that. I got into networking in early 2004 and haven't looked back. I only have around 2-3 months of real experience with server 2k3 though.
    I agree, LearnKey is great.
    Congrats about 290, and good luck to you on your 291!

I'm glad someone else agrees with me. I'm suprised that learnkey isn't mentioned more on this site. I have always found it (IMO) to be a better video series than cbt nuggets. Aaron spurlock is a fantastic teacher.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Gratz!!!
    Up Next : Not sure :o