Which is harder: A+ OS or A+ Core

AdiaxAdiax Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
In your opinion which one was harder, the OS or the Core?

Comments

• bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    OS was harder for me. More to remember, theory was "dry" and difficult to visualize.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Ditto.....Hardware is a piece of cake for me.....the OS I had to do twice.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Im with these guys!

The worst part of the OS exam was memorizing the different kernel layers and that kind of thing that you cant really phsically see.

Good luck with your A+ icon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Thought they were equal.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • cchampcchamp Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    its all a good bit to remember, bit if you rember things well especialy things u can actually see and feel.. hardware should not be that bad, i studied abunch of charts and read a book for hardcore , hit a 657, only studied over some practice Questions for os , and just passed on the mark with 505, any way all on the first try icon_wink.gif , so u never know just think positive .
  • DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For me, the hardware was a little harder. I think it was mainly because I spent so much time trying to memorize all the little details like CPU bus speeds, socket types, # of pins, dma channels, IRQ's...etc.
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    DirtySouth wrote:
    For me, the hardware was a little harder. I think it was mainly because I spent so much time trying to memorize all the little details like CPU bus speeds, socket types, # of pins, dma channels, IRQ's...etc.

I agree with this, I spent a lot of time on little things as well. And its funny I didnt get many questions about those on my test. I think there is even more to have to know for the OS part.
  • elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    OS no doubt man!
    stonecold26.jpg
  • kamahelekamahele Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Both the same.
  • johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
    I thought OS was harder. A lot fo the test questions I got were not covered in my study material. Anyone else have that issue? icon_cool.gif
    BS - Computer Science
    MS - Computer Information Systems