new to the site and taking N+ in oct 2

gorelordgorelord Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi guys i just heard about this site thanxs to a friend that sent me this link. i'll take the N+ test in oct 2 and ive been studying from a study guide only, but since i regiseterd in this site and i find it very helpfull and i added to my study source. anyways if anyone have any tips on the exam and u feel free to share u more than welcome.

Comments

• malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I took my Net+ recently and passed and the best advice I can give you is to buy a book as well as using online resources.

I bought the Network+ FastPass ISBN 0782144071 (Highly recommended) and the sybex book 0782144063 (Very Detailed).

The main advice I would give you is to get the objectives from the CompTIA website and make sure you know them. Also if you are doing practice tests you want to be hitting about 90% consistently before you sit the exam.

If you arn't hitting 90% when the test comes around but you're confident in your ability to pass don't panic!

When sitting the exam make sure you read the questions properly and 2 or 3 times for the troubleshooting questions. That's about the best advice I can give you so good luck man!

Oh yeah the link for the Exam objectives is:

http://certification.comptia.org/network/default.aspx

Cheers

Malc
  • gorelordgorelord Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you for the info and ill look into that.
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    as stated above make sure oyour scoring in the 90's on proactice tests.... try more thna one cause osme are way too easy.

also make sure your book covers mac's and novell well I know on my exam I nailed most of the stuff but got slammed with mac and novell questions

also know legacy stuff as I did get questions on vampire taps it was only 1 question though.

I forget my scroe but it wasn't anything imnpressive....if it wasn't for mac and novell Im' sure I would have socred in the 800's
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I used this site, mcmcse.com and Sybex as my resources. I studied for about 2 weeks (but I have work experience and had classes in the past).
    I think if you read through teh Sybex book thouroughly then you should be alright.
    Best of luck to you!
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    I used the technotes from this site.
    and Mike Meyers Passport Certification

Studied for couple of weeks.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Young FredYoung Fred Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cramsession.comstudy guide
    QOD.com
    also explore the net for free guides and questions
    YoungFred.jpg
    by the way thanxs for all the help. i passed my N+ my score was not that high but i Pass. thanxs everyone
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass :D , whats next?
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
    S+' if you have any pointers feel free to share. thanxs!!!!!