Options

A+ Certification Curriculum. Any suggestions...or omissions?

RidiculousOneRidiculousOne Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been a technician in a college for about 4 years. I worked as a student employee, and graduated with an AAS in CIT. I'm now looking to get my A+ Certification.
Currently, my curriculum is:

A+ Certification All-In-One 3rd Edition Mike Meyers
A+ Certification All-In-One 4th Edition Mike Meyers

Upgrading and Repairing PCs 10th Edition Scott Mueller
Upgrading and Repairing PCs 12th Edition Scott Mueller
Upgrading and Repairing PCs 14th Edition Scott Mueller

Upgrading and Repairing Networks 3rd Edition Terry OgleTree

ExamCram A+ Jones, Landes
ExamCram2 A+ Jones, Landes ed. Tittel

I consider the AIO the best overall, but the Upgrading and Repairing PC books really do shine on hardware.

Are there any real good OS books out there, besides the Resource Kits?
I'm really in the market for some good Windows NT Docuementation...I fooled with it my first year, but after that they decided to upgrade to 2k.
However, thank you in advance for your response.
I once had many brothers and sisters...until my parents bought a sandbox.

Comments

• Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i have windows 2000 complete by sybex. it is contains chapters from a lot of their w2k books. and it helped me a lot during my a+ and network+. perhaps they do something similar with nt4
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    RidiculousOneRidiculousOne Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does your Win2k book have an orange/red cover? If so, I'll keep a look out for it and WinNT at my local used book store.

Hehehe, I have the book that Mark Minasi wrote, "Mastering Windows 2000." It mainly covers usability issues, but it does cover the click here, right click there semantics quite well.

Thanks for replying to my post very quickly. I also like the TechNotes section quite well. Should I get my A+ cert and such, I might think about contributing to them what I can. This is a pretty good site with advice to back it. I generally like to help things that are good.
    I once had many brothers and sisters...until my parents bought a sandbox.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    yup. the book has an orange cover.
    A+ Moderator