Options

scaled cisco scoring system

RandyCCIE#TBDRandyCCIE#TBD Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
all - if one failed the BSCI with a score of 726, does anyone know approximately how many more questions would be needed to be answered correctly in order to get to the passing 776?
thanks!

Comments

• Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Depends on how many questions you get!

But say you get 60 questions you would need to get at least 47/60

47 / 60 * 100 = 78.3 :)

When are you writing again? We're in the same boat, im writing October 11th.
    Good luck! icon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Questions can have different wieghting, and some questions arent even marked!

Did you manage ok with the sims? Testlets?

with that score is could be 1 sim and 2-3 questions, or 5-7 questions, nobody other than Cisco can say for sure.

Concentrate on the areas where you got a low % on your score breakdown and hammer them. Make sure you got those sims water tight!
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    RandyCCIE#TBDRandyCCIE#TBD Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i know i got both sims correct, it was a simple OSPF sim and a route redistribution sim, the most frusterating thing is that this is my second time failing this exam and the first time i got an 88% on the ISIS section, this time i got a 30%! i couldnt believe it! Just when you think you know everything about a topic you realize that you dont.

you know what, the fact that ive failed this exam twice just makes me value the NP all the more. I give Cisco alot of credit for making this exam so difficult that you really need to know your **** to pass.

With Microsoft, it's so easy to just memorize material and walk in and pass, with cisco that's just not possible.
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    rgeorge wrote:
    With Microsoft, it's so easy to just memorize material and walk in and pass, with cisco that's just not possible.

Is that true? I a few guys have said that to me, I mean with the cisco stuff i'll be damned if anyone can memorize it all. icon_scratch.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    rgeorge wrote:

I've never wrutten a cisco exam(besdies schol which does;lnt count realy) but from the MS exams I've written I wouldn't go as far as ot say you can just memorize stuff and pass.

you need to understand what you memorize to pass any Cert
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i understand your frustration but the questions are also geared to knowing the hows and whys. just a straight question and flat answers are very small things on the test.

i suppose thats why i take a while tlonger to study stuff icon_scratch.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons