BCMSN - passed 962

JVEJVE Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am ready to take the BCMSN tomorrow morning. I have to concur with some of the other posters that this one seems harder then BCSI. I think the main reason is because I feel router stuff is easier to grasp and something you work more with then switching stuff, but probably just in the environments i have worked. Anyway, I will surely let you guys know the results.

**Update
I did pass. It was not so bad. I used Train Signal, Cisco Press and Boson Netsim to prepare. Did not have a real switch so had to go with the sim, which was fine. For CCIE, i will buy me a 3560 or 2, but for the router part, Dynamips baby! Off to take BCRAN in 3-4 weeks.

Comments

• wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    good luck,

if its any consilation was stronger on routers at the time and found this exam easier than BSCI icon_wink.gif
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Personally I have always found switching more fun than routing!
    Good luck you'll be fine icon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Easier than bsci in my opinion,also has a low passing score.
    Good luck!
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • roavroav Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    was the exam what was on syllabus or more than that.
    Have you used any boson questions. i purchased them recently b/c i heard that partnered with Cisco. what are you thoughts?
    Roav::: The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility. (Proverbs 15:33) :::
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    icon_thumright.gif Congrats!
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • JVEJVE Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did not use Boson for this except for the sim itself. None of their questions so sorry, i dont know. The test was not as difficult as i expected, but it did cover a lot of material. Lucky for me, I was using some of these technologies at my job.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!

I am working on this one now, so it is good to hear it is easier than BSCI :)
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    I would like to know what book is suggested for BCMSN studies, there is the Certification Guide by David Huccaby which is around 624 pages and there is also the self-study guide. Which do you suggest? I have the LAN Switching book which is very good but is outdated in some topics. I have looked for reviews at Amazon and Chapters but there are no reviews for the self study book. Hopefully someone here can provide me with assistance as I get ready to start my BCMSN exam in november.

TIA
    Now working full time!
  • JVEJVE Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had the latest Cisco Press for Self Study, which I thought was really good. But I used Chris Bryant video's which I think was the heart of my learning. I also had Boson since I only have production switches at work. Chris Bryant was the key in my view, although the book with the sim put it home.
    I will try Chris Bryants training videos if noone else has any suggestions, I see it is $200, is there any coupons available for this?
    Now working full time!
  • KwingKwing Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will try Chris Bryants training videos if noone else has any suggestions, I see it is $200, is there any coupons available for this?

No, but his study guide is $77, and includes rack rental time. Covers the same material in e-book form.
    I just purchased the videos and I will let you all know how it is when I am done watching 15+ hrs :)icon_eek.gificon_cool.gificon_lol.gif
    Now working full time!