Options

Question about ISDN/DDR

kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
My router doesn't support isdn commands and neither does my RouterSim so there's no way for me to practice. What is the best way to prepare for the ISDN/DDR section of the exam just memorize the commands? I'm having a hard time understanding and memorizing the DDR commands.

Comments

• Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    I bought an ISDN simulator off of Ebay. There wasn't really much ISDN covered on my exam (I think I got 1 question) but that doesn't mean dont learn it but I dont think you need to fret too much.

Your best bet is buy an ISDN sim for any serious practice.

Good luck! icon_mrgreen.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    My router doesn't support isdn commands

This might sound a silly Q but does your router have an ISDN interface?

for the ISDN part you could either buy an ISDN sim, or use a free rack rental service like my own, or free-labs.com to cover the bits your lab doesnt do.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you need a router that supports ISDN, a 2516 is probably your best bet. They have BR i/f's and don't need transceivers since they come with a built-in hub. You'll need two of them if you want to hook up a simulator. They usually go for $15-25 each on ebay.

A 2-port ISDN simulator on ebay usually sells for around $250 or more. I got mine for $150, but it took six months waitng for a good deal to come along.

Good luck with your lab/studies!
  • Options
    kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
    maybe i'll look into a rack rental service i don't want to go out and buy
    a router at this point cause i'll be taking the exam next week.
    I already memorized most of the commands to setup an ISDN
    I just wanted to practice a little. The DDR commands and concept
    haven't sunk in yet, hopefully I'll get that together by next week. icon_cry.gif
    Thanks for your help.