Options

834 =(

RatsRats Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just failed with 834. I was so pissed I slammed my fist on the desk and the guy at the front desk got angry. my results were incredibly skewed, which helps because now I know exactly what I need to work on:

Planning and Designing: 62%
Implementation and Operation: 93%
Technology: 50%
Troubleshooting: 88%

I breezed through all the sims and drag-n-drop exercises, as well as everything involving subnetting, access lists and routing protocols. The frame relay and ISDN parts killed me. The test covered a lot more ISDN and frame relay than I had hoped and those are the technologies I am really weak on. I'm going to retake it on Sep. 26th and I have plenty of free time at work to study so I'll probably be studying about 4+ hrs a day.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck on your next shot!

Study your weak areas, but make sure you don't forget what you did well on. Luck of the draw on questions may skew the questions a different way next time. Now that you know what to expect, don't let this test score bother you, keep studying, and we should be giving you a key to the CCNA clubhouse on the 26th. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sorry to hear the fail ..but be mindful of the NDA

i used a limric for ISDN
    frame is fairly straight forward

what material did you use you many need add some more otherview material
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    RatsRats Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been working in a NOC for the past 2 years where I've been troubleshooting Cisco equipment but only doing simple configuration like switchport access vlan, shut/no shut etc. I've used mostly 2500, 2600 series routers and 2900, 3500 series switches. but we don't have any frame relay and our ISDN lines are only used for backup, so I have absolutely no experience with them.

Aside from that, I took a 1 week accelerated course with Ascolta, studied from Cisco press books, and I've been using the latest 640-801 Transcender for practice tests.
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    Thats odd I took my CCNA back in May and I only have around 1-2 ISDN questions, sorry to hear that. Downside to Cisco tests (maybe a good thing) is that if you get the question wrong, they may ask you a similar question again...Try not to get it wrong the second time as Cisco is trying to dig you a big hole and you dont want to get stuck in it :D:D:D:D
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i used the transcender when i took mine a year ago and felt that it was lacking( i felt i skated by but i still use them only b/c i have added more learning materials that have their own test sims ). i passed the ccna with 3 years of experience ( failed 2 times after 1 year)

all i'm saying is add some more materials to fill in the gaps icon_wink.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons