Options

Passed 70-216

First of all, that test was really hard. I studied hard all week, which I why I hardly posted anything. I had over 2 hours to take the test, and finished with only about 10 minutes to spare. Almost all of the questions were very long scenario questions, which take quite a bit of time to analyze. I really have no idea how well I did on the test, but I guess it was good enough to pass. I think I'll read my O'Reilly books on Windows 2000 DNS and DCHP next, because I think I could use some work in those areas. There were also too many questions that stated "Choose All That Apply". I hate those! They require me to think too much icon_wink.gif . I prefer the "Select 2 Answers". Well, the test was really hard, but I guess I was just good enough to get by with a pass. Anyone that is planning on taking this test needs to be sure that they study a lot. Be sure to use TechNet and this site of course for additional information. If anyone has any questions or comments then please post :D .

Cheeblie

Comments

• Options
    jrowejrowe Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations cheeblie ! :D

thats another one down icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    volrathxpvolrathxp Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, 216 is a beast. That's an accomplishment!! :)
    Joseph Dyer
    Co-Founder / Co-Owner - Rock-Comics.com
    MCP, Windows XP Professional
    MCP, Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment
    Gentoo Linux Hippie
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Congrats cheeblie, not to far off that MCSE:Security :D:D
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Yup, I just need my two security exams: 70-214 and 70-220. 70-214 doesn't seem too bad right now, but I worry about 70-220 since it's a design exam. I've never taken a test based around the case studies.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
    congrats! Is this exam such a beast! I might avoid it lol! I havent decided yet
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '
  • Options
    seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
    cheeblie are you going for any cisco qualifications?
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '
  • Options
    Yes, I plan on pursuing CCNA and CCNP. Possibly CCIE in the future, but we'll have to see how things go.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    volrathxpvolrathxp Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cheeblie wrote:
    Yes, I plan on pursuing CCNA and CCNP. Possibly CCIE in the future, but we'll have to see how things go.

Cheeblie

Why not pursue an (ISC)2 cert? SSCP only requires a minimum 1 year experience in one or more of the 7 test domains and it's a fairly respected Security cert, if you want to move in that direction that is. Really, the (ISC)2 certs (SSCP and CISSP) are the certs you want to look at to do any security related work. I plan on doing SSCP next summer, when I've had enough time to study for it (I am soooo taking months to study too, it's a $450 exam!!)

Anyways, congrats on the pass for 216, that is an abomination, and I am dreading the same exam in the Windows 2003 track myself.
    Joseph Dyer
    Co-Founder / Co-Owner - Rock-Comics.com
    MCP, Windows XP Professional
    MCP, Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment
    Gentoo Linux Hippie
  • Options
    Those exams are my plans in the near future, but I don't have one year of experience in anything. You have to have an employer vouch for your work in order to take the test, and at this time I don't even have an employer (I'm very close to changing that however :D ).

Cheeblie
  • Options
    curiocurio Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would worry more about 214 if I were you. I don't know what 216 is like but 214 isn't cute or cuddly. If you have several servers on a network at home with SQL Server, Exchange Server and ISA server and are used to setting up and configuring IPSec, CAs and secure web and FTP services on a regular basis then - maybe it's not so hard.
  • Options
    techman-aka-Formattechman-aka-Format Inactive Imported Users Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratz! cheeblie! way to go! I'll be finally starting my microsoft track soon! I'll be taking the 2000pro exam sometime next month. I heard that the 216 exam is very diffucult. great job on you're accomplishment!
    information belongs to the public! hack the planet!