Options

Which Version of MCPD will you do?

Just curious what path of the MCPD are you going to do?

There are the following...

MCDP: Web
MCPD: Windows
MCPD: Enterprise

I am probably going to go after a MCPD: Enterprise in C#

What will just make me grind my teeth is when head-hunters and consultants pick up MCPD as a buzz word and instead of listing the actual path "MCPD: enterprise" as a requirment, they will just consider all MCPD's equal.

Comments

• Options
    mtillettmtillett Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MCPD:Web is where I should be heading, but I have quite an interest in apps and also a small history in app developing.

When I have achieved MCTS I will have to make up my mind.

Without checking, I am guessing that MCPD:Enterprise is a combo of Web and Windows?
    Mat
  • Options
    bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    mtillett wrote:
    MCPD:Web is where I should be heading, but I have quite an interest in apps and also a small history in app developing.

When I have achieved MCTS I will have to make up my mind.

Without checking, I am guessing that MCPD:Enterprise is a combo of Web and Windows?

Yes enterprise is... windows / web / distributed.

I will be going the enterprise path as I tend to create all of the above.
  • Options
    mtillettmtillett Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I looked into it the other day on Microsofts site. Wow there is a lot of work.. All of the MCTS (4 I think including the Foundation) + the MCPD. I want to go down this path but it's going to cost a small fortune.

Worth it in the end I guess as it will lead to bigger and better opportunities icon_wink.gif

EDIT: 07-10-2006
    I have decided my route.

First of all I want to get my MCTS: Web, then MCPD: Web.

After I have achieved this I will then go back to MCTS and do Windows Apps and Distributed Apps, followed by MCPD:Enterprise.

A little bit back and forth, but web is more important at the moment to me, apps will be later.

Good luck!
    Mat
  • Options
    mvastarellimvastarelli Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm torn between MCPD:Web and MCPD:Enterprise. My forte is windows programming to a very high degree (I can hardly program in ASP.net) but I think web and distributed applications is where things are headed in the future, so I want to strike out in that direction.
    CompTIA Tests: 220-301, 220-302, N10-003, SY0-101
    Microsoft Tests: 70-270, 70-271, 70-272, 70-536, 70-526, 70-502
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    I'll head down the MCTS path of where ever I am working at the moment. Right now, Windows desktop applications are what I do, so that's the MCTS path I'm looking at right now.