Options

CCNA Academy Help

dpds68dpds68 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I had my open day lastnight before starting the actual CCNA classes , What confused me is that the instructor said that what they are doing is the CCNA Academy structure that consists of 4 Modules then final exams including a "Voucher" exam that gives you a discount for the CCNA certified exam , so my question's are :
(1) what will I acheive after going through the CCNA Academy ?
(2) what is the difference in what I am going to do and the CCNA certified exam?

Thank You

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    (1) what will I acheive after going through the CCNA Academy ?
    You will learn most of what you need to pass the CCNA exam. You will get a certificate that you completed the Cisco Academy. You will get college credits toward an Associates degree if applicable.
    (2) what is the difference in what I am going to do and the CCNA certified exam?

What you are doing now is learning. What the CCNA cert does is prove that you learned the material enough to become a CCNA. You can get a CCNA without going through the net academy, and you can go through the net academy without becoming a CCNA. The 2 are related but neither is a requirement for the other, they can stand alone.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Thank You.

Well I am on my way to CCNA heaven I know that I will have lots of work ahead .

Question do you or anyone else thinks that going through the CCNA Academy first ,then doing the CCNA cert is the better way to go rather that doing one or the other ?.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The CCNA Academy program is very good. You'll enjoy it and learn a lot too. It's a good step toward earning your CCNA.

Good luck! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I did the CCNA Academy courses at a Community College and thought they were worth it. I did the self-paced web option at my Academy, but some people need the structure of a regular class and lecture and test schedules (which my Academy also offered).

For the CCNA I only used the Academy courses and easily passed the CCNA exam 3 days after my CCNA 4 final (and CCNA practice and voucher exams)..... but I also had a 98.9% average for the 4 courses, so your mileage may vary.

Good Luck!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    I feel alot better now My Academy will be in the classroom with a Tutor there to guide you also online work.

And yes as soon as I pass the Academy requirements I will do the CCNA cert

Thank You