Options

Tale the old test or new test?

ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
I have begun studying for the old test hardware which will take me 4 weeks to the end of october, when I will take the hardware test,
I will then begin studying for the software part of the exam, another 4 weeks for that do...I have enough time to take the software test or will the New exams kick in by then. It will take me two months altogether . Will I have enough time from now to take the old test? thankyou
Richard Krenzel

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    ricktea wrote:
    I have begun studying for the old test hardware which will take me 4 weeks to the end of october, when I will take the hardware test,
    I will then begin studying for the software part of the exam, another 4 weeks for that do...I have enough time to take the software test or will the New exams kick in by then. It will take me two months altogether . Will I have enough time from now to take the old test? thankyou

Depends?

I took mine exams (years ago) the same day because I felt that I used the OS and Hardware (for 7+ years at that time)before the exam and they go hand in hand.

If you have experience, you shouldn't have much trouble reviewing the Objectives and taking the exams before the years end.

If you have a number of things to 'learn' then you may need more time.

Sorry, hard to know what somoene else knows :) But there is plenty of time to take the current exam.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    a+crama+cram Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Ricktea,
    I am also in the same situation as yours. I hope we finish our exams in the specified time limit.
    Can we both discuss the things we are preparing? I think that will be helpful to both of us!
    I am using mike meyer's all in one study guide fifth edition and Im on chapter 3rd. What about you?
    Waiting for you response!!!
    Of course I can do it!...........
    The question is,
    do I want to?!?........
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you need and extra kick, realize that the new exams combine hardware and software in each of them. Therefore if you have only been studying for hardware only then you may not be ready for the new ones and will have to extend your study period.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
    how long will the exam be and do wrong answes count,
    what is the passing grade. I use meyers passpoert wxam cram
    and sybex fastpass
    Richard Krenzel
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    I know that probably going for the old test would be alot easier and save you some time...
    But seriously go for the new one.
    It will be most updated.
    Someone would most likely want to hire an mcse2003 than 2000. (I know were not talking about MCSE but I hope you still get the point)
    Its kind of tuff to just start the new one but you will be happier once you pass.

Think about it. :P
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Cessation wrote:
    I know that probably going for the old test would be alot easier and save you some time...
    But seriously go for the new one.
    It will be most updated.
    Someone would most likely want to hire an mcse2003 than 2000. (I know were not talking about MCSE but I hope you still get the point)
    Its kind of tuff to just start the new one but you will be happier once you pass.

Think about it. :P

I disagree with Someone would most likely want to hire an mcse2003 than 2000. (I know were not talking about MCSE but I hope you still get the point).

I'd personally hire someone competant and if they were well versed in the previous series of software, they'll likely be a sharp cookie and be able to get up-to-speed on the newer one. Personality is the biggest factor (IMNSHO) and reason for not taking the upgrade might come into play, but not very likely.

YMMV
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?