Trojans

oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
Never had as many trojans as I have had this week and boy can you see their effect when you are online gaming. Haven't been anywhere unusual this last couple of weeks I don't know where there coming from but spyware remover gets em every time. Maybe its the time of year ?
Try til it hurts then try some more

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Which OS are you running?

XP SP1
    XP SP2
    Pro/Home

Linux or some flavor of linux, etc.

Browser

Just curious.

I haevn't notice more then in the past and client boxes seem to be filled with as many as ever, but that's sort of what I see.

Also, how frequently do you run your scans?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
    XP pro sp2
    Have virus checking on email cilent but I use the newsgroups alot.
    Try til it hurts then try some more
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Thanks, just curious :)

Typically my client's boxes that are infected have nothing on them, so I'm rarely surprised when I see them icon_wink.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Are you up-to-date with patches/security updates.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    oldtech wrote:
    Have virus checking on email cilent but I use the newsgroups alot.
    The only way the USENET newsgroups can spread Trojan horses is if you decode their binary postings and execute them--so don't do that!.

99% of USENET binary postings are pirated software, hacks used to pirate software, or pictures being distributed without the permission of their owners. Assume that any executable you pull off USENET or from any public P2P file sharing network, or as anonymous email attachments, are infected with Malware or Spyware--even if your scanners say that the files are clean.