Options

Security Policy problem

gigantourgigantour Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am implementing Local Security Policy at a client PC when I accidentaly added the users group to deny logon locally. normally when the user relogon to the PC, she cannot logon due to the deny policy that i added. So as all the users and admin group are denied from logging in. I don't want to reformat the PC, can somebody tell me what can I do so that I can log in to the pc and edit the deny policy that I apply to the secpol...thanks

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is it a member of a domain? If so, try setting a domain (or OU) group policy setting to allow the users group to logon locally, it should over ride the local policy. It may take more than a single reboot to take effect.

Also, have you tried to open Computer Mangement on another computer, then remotely connect to the affected computer and change the policy under Computer Configuration > Windows Settings >Security Settings > Local Policies?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    gigantourgigantour Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We test it with the domain policy but it seems that local security policy is the one who is controlling the security policy and still, local security policy with the deny logon locally overruled it all. We restarted 4 times but we still cannot login.
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You should be able to login as domain administrator and relax/remove this policy.