Options

passed today

snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
I passed the a+ hardware portion today, I was a bit surprised with it though. I seemed to get the one test with more of a networking/installation/configuring/printer emphasis. I didnt get any post error codes,IRQ,I/O addresses at all. I did just also want to say thanks to this site and a couple others (mcmcse) for helping me with the test. I found that the testing software my school provides was suitable for the exam, although I still cant believe i got no Irq questions.... oh well, now Im going after the OS portion looking forward to hopefully taking it soon.

Comments

• Options
    DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good Luck on the Software test. I didn't have very many IRQ/DMA questions on my hardware test either.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    thanks so much, I'm reading some notes for OS part right now.
  • Options
    How's that going for you?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Congrats!

Do people still take both tests at the same time these days, or is it normal to take the tests on different days. I got my A+ back in '96 and took both parts one right after the other on the same day.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Congratulations! Good luck with the OS!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!

Good luck with the OS.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Nice One, Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    Thanks again folks. I'm not sure if people do both tests on the same day. Im sure you could if you wanted to. it seems more logical for me to do them on seperate days. Nobody at my school that I know has taken both on the same day either. Anyway, i'm planning on doing the OS in a few weeks.
  • Options
    deneb829 wrote:
    Congrats!

Do people still take both tests at the same time these days, or is it normal to take the tests on different days. I got my A+ back in '96 and took both parts one right after the other on the same day.

I took mine the same day and recommend it, but it's really up to you which you prefer
    Plantwiz
    _____