problem with NTFS permissions

aloisalois Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
I have a problem with NTFS permissions. I have Windows XP professional installed, on NTFS HDD, but i cannot find ntfs permissions settings. i dont know if the problem is with version of windows, or i just didnt find how to run it. i have opened windows expl. /right click on folder/and there is just security and sharings option, but no ntfs permissions settings in.
what should i do? i have an evulation copy of windows xp as well (from ms self-paced training kit), so i am thinking about installing this copy. But dont know if it will help.
I need to practice this part of study (ntfs permissions), so thanx for any advice
icon_sad.gif [/b]

Comments

• bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    under security, when you click advanced. Those are the NTFS permissions.

You can choose to define inheriting permissions, allowing and denying access, and etc.

Good luck!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Alois,

Your problem might be that Simple File Sharing is enabled. To disable this from Windows Explorer select Tools->Folder Options->View Tab. In the Advanced Settings section, scroll to the bottom and check to see if the Simple File Sharing option is checked. If it is, uncheck it and try accessing the NTFS file permissions again.
  • aloisalois Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Everlife wrote:
    Hi Alois,

Your problem might be that Simple File Sharing is enabled. To disable this from Windows Explorer select Tools->Folder Options->View Tab. In the Advanced Settings section, scroll to the bottom and check to see if the Simple File Sharing option is checked. If it is, uncheck it and try accessing the NTFS file permissions again.

Uve got it! it works. such a simple thing.
    :D
    thanks a lot.
    now back to study.

thanks again.
  • EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My pleasure. Good luck on your exam Al, let us know how you did!