Difference between 70-270 and 70-271

asali1asali1 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm planning to take one of these tests, does Microsoft still offer the 70-271 and if so what is the main difference between these tests.
Also once you do pass one of these do you automatically get an MCP certification for passing the one test or do you have to take other tests as well to get the certification?
Accomplishing the impossible means only the boss will add it to your regular duties

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    First, passing any M$ exam will get you the MCP designation.

271 is part of the MCDST track, and goes along with 272. 270 is for either the MCSA or MCSE track. MCDST is a help desk type cert, focusing on supporting XP and it's applications. MCSA/E are a bit more advanced. The objectives for each exam differ as well.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Unless you are going for the MCDST cert, I wouldn't advise doing 70-271. To my knowledge, 70-271 and 70-272 only apply towards MCDST, unless you pass both, in which case you can use MCDST to satisfy the elective for MCSA. If your goal is MCSA or MCSE, it would make much more sense to do 70-270.

To answer your second question, you get MCP status as soon as you pass any one Microsoft test.
  • asali1asali1 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Where can I find more info on the 70-271 test, most sites seem to support info on the 70-270. Do you guys know where I could find practice questions, study guides etc for this exam. In class we used the MS Windows XP Inside Out Book, it's like over 1400 pages and I really don't want to go through that book again, I need somehting more specific and condensed, any info woudl be much appreciated, thanks.
    Accomplishing the impossible means only the boss will add it to your regular duties
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    This site has an MCDST forum (http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=41), you might have better luck asking there.