Options

Help! i dont get this question at all

rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
came accross this question, im normally pretty good at subnneting questions but this one stumped me. Any help please?

wtf.jpg

the correct answer given by the software is E.
CCIE# 38186
showroute.net

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, the correct answer is E, the reason is because Ripv1 only supports fixed length masks,the network should use 192.168.17.x/27 to adhere to the current ip address plan.This leaves 2 answers E and F, F is already used on Fa0/1 Mafld,this leaves E.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    mp3spymp3spy Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    rakem wrote:
    came accross this question, im normally pretty good at subnneting questions but this one stumped me. Any help please?

wtf.jpg

the correct answer given by the software is E.

Looks like they want each LAN segment to be on their own subnet. You're doing blocks of 32 for a /27 I believe. If you do .17.17 that LAN segment that connects both serial interfaces will be on it's own subnet. The other addresses probably wouldnt be used because they were not type C addresses??
    Just my guess....
    Ok CCNA BREAK IS OVER, TIME FOR CCSP!!!
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    haha i didnt even notice that it said ripv1 in the middle. that would of helped me out alot! haha thanks for the quick responses thou!
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    mp3spymp3spy Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ed_the_lad wrote:
    Yes, the correct answer is E, the reason is because Ripv1 only supports fixed length masks,the network should use 192.168.17.x/27 to adhere to the current ip address plan.This leaves 2 answers E and F, F is already used on Fa0/1 Mafld,this leaves E.
    Yea that too..RIP 1 does not support VLSM
    Ok CCNA BREAK IS OVER, TIME FOR CCSP!!!