Options

Transcenders vs MeasureUp practice exams

SeaweedSeaweed Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

I've been using MeasureUp practice exams for the 70-270 & 70-290 exams and have gone for the exam when I'm regularly getting +75% results. Have passed both well.

I'm now getting ready to take the 70-291. Today I used Transcenders for the first time. I was pretty confident as I'd been getting +75% on MeasureUp. Wow! Transcenders is tough! I've just finished my first practice exam on it and got 48% icon_sad.gif

Are Transcenders harder than the real exam?

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Transcender tests tend to be pretty accurate as to what the test is like. I haven't used them as much as some, but I did get a chance to try out the Transcender for 70-290, and it was pretty darned close to the real test, in terms of the "feel" of the questions, as well as kind of difficulty you'll see on the test.

In any case, that's how it was for me, you may find the real test easier or harder than the Transcenders. A word of advice is to make sure you feel more confident and a lot more ready for the 70-291 test than you did for the others. I felt like I could. . . well. . . "get away with" not studying as much for the 70-290 and 70-270 tests, as I had to do with the 70-291 test. I'd say you want to be at least over the 80% mark, if not pushing 90% or better, before you sit for the exam.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    n0fxn0fx Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have any of you guys ever try to Self-Test exams? If you have tried them, how do they compare to the Transcenders ones?
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've used transcenders for all of my certs so far, and to be honest I really can't fault them! :)
  • Options
    SeaweedSeaweed Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the responses. I guess I'm going to have to keep hammering away at the revision & trust the Transcenders scores.
  • Options
    gomonngomonn Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Why trying to replace a winning team ?
    You've been doing well with MeasureUp, keep at it ... Even if Transcender is harder. For myself, MeasureUp is what someone needs to pass (They don't pay me :D )
    Working on MCSA and CCNA