Options

passed core! on to OS before Dec.

dubbs112dubbs112 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the core exam last thursday with a 723. I used CBT Nuggets and transcenders. Then I resorted to the Mike Meyers book to brush up on what I was lacking.

I have to say that the exam was not really what I expected, all the material I used pushed IRQ's IO's and CPU/Slots alot and I did not have a single question about any of them. Infact I think i only had 2 questions about laser printing. It seemed a good majority of the questions were about handeling customer issues as a tech.

I thought i was taking the wrong test until I got my score report and it said 220-301

Comments

• Options
    DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! I know exactly what you mean about the Hardware test. I studied IRQ's, DMA, Sockets, CPU's...etc quite a bit and there were hardly any on the actual test. At least you know your stuff now. Have you already taken software or are you done now?
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Congrats on the pass!

Expect even more customer service-type question on the OS test, I had a bunch of them!
  • Options
    dubbs112dubbs112 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!

I plan on taking the software this month probably, I will see what the transceders say to determine how much I need to study.

So is there quite a bit of overlap from the hardware on teh software then?
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations :)

dubbs112 wrote:

So is there quite a bit of overlap from the hardware on teh software then?

Overlap? Well, you do need the hardware to use the software and the software to use the hardware ...... so as much as they need each other, yes you should be prepared for both topics.

Review the objectives, that will give you a better idea of the alleged overlap.

(alleged, because I don't think of the exams as separate and don't think the exams should be thought of as separate. I've always seen them as part of the same FWIW).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    I had quite a few "common-sense" hardware questions on my OS test. Some stuff about ESD, basic printer problems, stuff like that. Probably nothing you need to go back and re-study for, just don't purge your brain of everything you crammed in there for the hardware test!
  • Options
    U96U96 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Congratz,

Im taking the same exam in a cople days wich reminds me of something: We're still able to take the 220-301 / 220-302 till 31 December of 2006 right?

Congratz again

U96
    "My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me", Winston Churchill
  • Options
    cullbotcullbot Inactive Imported Users Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□