Has anyone passed a test using Testout as their only source?

Matt_SmiMatt_Smi Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have heard that Testout products are great and are similar to taking a class, as there are various demonstrations and labs as well as practice exams. But the price is so high, are they really that effective? Has anyone used it solely to study and pass a test? Or maybe with the help of a book and an additional practice test?

Comments

• CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    Matt_Smi wrote:
    I have heard that Testout products are great and are similar to taking a class, as there are various demonstrations and labs as well as practice exams. But the price is so high, are they really that effective? Has anyone used it solely to study and pass a test? Or maybe with the help of a book and an additional practice test?

Unless your experiance is superior I do not believe that you can pass with just test out.

(I have been working with test out for 2 exams)
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    Yes, I passed my A+ with just Testout.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    I think it depends on the subject.

Test out for Security+ was my main source and outstanding,

Test out for Microsoft 70-270 was poorly designed and left me looking for at least two other sources.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I passed 70-270 with TestOut as my only source, but I'd already done 70-90 and 70-291 before that. When I've been studying for other exams, I've used the TestOut as my primary "class", using books and the CBT Nuggets are review and to back up what I learned.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • ocrigginsocriggins Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't think you can pass with just Test Out. I just passed the 290 and no way I would have passed that with just Test Out. Their simulations are not on par with the exam.

OC
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm going over 70-293 testout right now, and there's no way in hell you can pass with just testout. The clustering section of testout is a joke imo.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • tuscanituscani Member Posts: 121
    I passed several exams with Testout.. But not only Testout. You should use multiple sources.
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    justindu wrote:
    I passed several exams with Testout.. But not only Testout. You should use multiple sources.

Same.

To fully understand the topics you should use multiple sources.
  • homerj742homerj742 Member Posts: 251
    I love Testout,and they gaurantee a pass according to their website, or they pay for your failed exam.

That said, I've still used multiple resources, cause Testout doesn't go into detail with alot of stuff. It's main benefit seems to be the sims.
  • elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    Olajuwon wrote:

uhmmm no offense but are u saying u passed this exam by just doing testout questions?

sounds like dumping icon_rolleyes.gif
    stonecold26.jpg
  • mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    I used TestOut for both 290 and 291. NOT as my only source!

1. Watch TestOut video/do sims and questions for a particular subject.
    2. Open MS Press book and do all assessments for that topic.
    3. Identify weak areas and brush up with MS Press text.
    4. Use VMWare/Virtual PC to work hands-on with material not covered in TestOut.
    5. Next section.
    6. Once completed all TestOut labs/videos/exams and all MS Press assessments and included CD training material, review with PrepLogic mega guide (very small) for a brush-up.
    7. Win at the exam.
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  • mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    elover_jm wrote:
    Olajuwon wrote:

uhmmm no offense but are u saying u passed this exam by just doing testout questions?

sounds like dumping icon_rolleyes.gif

How is that dumping? TestOut makes a legitimate, high quality training product including video instruction, simulations, and practise exams. I could easily see people passing exams using it as a study source.
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003