Options

291 the second time around.

HowardMHowardM Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just took and failed 70-291 again. My first time with a 617 and second time with a 679. The first time I had 44 questions the second time 40 entirely different questions and 1 sim that was the same. Got three sims on each exam. For the first time I only used MeasureUp. I had already passed 70-270 and 70-290 with MeasureUp. Unfortumately 70-291 was nothing like the MesaureUp practice exam. The second time around I studied the Microsoft Traing Kit for 70-291. I still had a tough time with the exam. To my suprise I was asked several questions about Internet Explorer security configuration. This is an area I had no idea I needed to be familiar with for the exam. Hopefully on the third go arround I wll get questions I can answer. By the way does anybody know how the questions are scored. Do the sims count for more than the questions. Is partial credit given for partially answered sims? Is the test adaptive?

icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    I feel your pain bro, I took mine last week and failed with 535.
    As far as I know:

Sims DEFINITELY count more than the normal questions.
    Partial credits are awarded.
    MS exams are "generally" not adaptive, and if you see that you can click "previous/back" with the questions, you know it is not adaptive.

What was your weaker areas? I failed Name resolution and security, so I know to really beef those areas up for next time.

Remember, you got to wait 14 days before your next attempt now. Good luck!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    tctechtctech Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MEasureUp is crap. I bought one a month ago and have failed twice using them. Do yourself a favor and find a **** and keep using the official guide. I myself have still not passed yet after 3 attempts.

My brother in law gave me his CBT Nuggets which is ok... it also gives alot of unnecessary info. I just ahve alot of trouble sitting infront of my pc for two hours watching thos boring videos.
    “I learned there are troubles of more than one kind, some come from ahead, and some come from behind…. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    tctech wrote:
    MEasureUp is crap. I bought one a month ago and have failed twice using them. Do yourself a favor and find a xxxxxxxxxx and keep using the official guide. I myself have still not passed yet after 3 attempts.

My brother in law gave me his CBT Nuggets which is ok... it also gives alot of unnecessary info. I just ahve alot of trouble sitting infront of my pc for two hours watching thos boring videos.

The "xxx" stuff is a cheating product. Dont use it, you are not gaining knowledge that you will need in the real world by using it.
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    tctechtctech Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sorry, i never realized the BLANK KING was a cheating product....
    “I learned there are troubles of more than one kind, some come from ahead, and some come from behind…. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss