Options

A sort of off topic question but not really

zenzenzenzen Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am going to take the A+ core exam oct. 26th, or some day during that week. However, there is a chance I'll have to bring someone with me(long story) because I'll have to go somewhere afterwards you know the drill hehe icon_wink.gif

Anyways, do these testing centers have a big waiting room or anything like that. I know the test is long and I don't want this person just standing there in a corner for however long it'll take me. I assume they would but I've never taken a certification before and I have to make sure because this person in particular...well let's say I would never hear the end of it for the rest of my life...Hurts to even think about the conversation *she* would have

oh here's one directly relating to the exam. I got some voucher from mike meyer's site, I got the voucher codes or numbers or whatever the term is in the email. i also got some in the mail. if I use the number online to schedule to I gotta bother bringing in the ones I got in the mail. I didn't even look at the ones i got mailed yet I was just told what they were(got here today)

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    zenzen wrote:
    I am going to take the A+ core exam oct. 26th, or some day during that week. However, there is a chance I'll have to bring someone with me(long story) because I'll have to go somewhere afterwards you know the drill hehe icon_wink.gif

Focus, zenzen, focus!! You're spending big bucks on this exam, why let yourself be distracted? icon_lol.gif
    zenzen wrote:
    Anyways, do these testing centers have a big waiting room or anything like that.

It all depends on the test center. Most will at least have a lobby for waiting, but yes she will be bored and you'll regret it. If it's at a school campus or the like there may be a food court or bookstore, but don't count on it. It would be better if there were a shopping center or McD's nearby where she could hang out for an hour or so and then come back to get you. Better you should wait on her if you finish early than have her wait on you, if you know what I mean. icon_wink.gif
    zenzen wrote:
    oh here's one directly relating to the exam. I got some voucher from mike meyer's site, I got the voucher codes or numbers or whatever the term is in the email. i also got some in the mail. if I use the number online to schedule to I gotta bother bringing in the ones I got in the mail. I didn't even look at the ones i got mailed yet I was just told what they were(got here today)

Probably not. Just bring your confirmation email and 2 forms of id, one with a photo.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    You're spending big bucks on this exam, why let yourself be distracted?
    I agree, this exam is about YOU and your desire to improve yourself. If your ride is going to be that inconvenienced by it, I woud find a different ride!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Tell your friend to go visit some nice things in town while you take your exam. There is no telling how long it will take you and the exam center may or may not allow you to have someone with you.

You could call the center to find out their policy/layout/etc.. but I'd recommend your friend occupy themself elsewhere, you go take your exam and yout two meet up later.

Most people carry Cell Phones so, just give a call when you get back to your vehicle or leave the center so your friend will know you are on the way.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?