Options

ITIL Foundations

ExDssExDss Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, I am currently getting prepared for the EXIN - ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management examination this Friday. Does anyone have any last minute advice they could offer - that have taken the exam before? I have been using SkillSoft for preparation, as well as some company CBT's. Seems pretty straight forward, but you never know... Thx.

Comments

• Options
    strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Memorise the processes and their functions and which category they fit into ie Service Support and Service Delivery.

Know your process cycles in detail too. I know there are a lot but there are a lot of questions on them.

Other than those 2 things most of it is common sense and straight forward.

Thats based on what I remember anyway, been a year since I did the exam.

Good luck
  • Options
    Actually I just looked it up, it was the 7th of October last year so almost a year exactly!

It was the last exam I did too. Been a nice break icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    Thanks for your help, I will let you know how I make out Friday.
  • Options
    Well, I did a lot better than expected, scored 100% on the exam. It was very straight forward and to the point. Questions were not vague, so there was little guess-work as to what they wanted to achieve for an answer.
  • Options
    agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
    Well thats a great score... Congrats!

Did you follow strauchr Advice?
  • Options
    ExDss wrote:
    Well, I did a lot better than expected, scored 100% on the exam. It was very straight forward and to the point. Questions were not vague, so there was little guess-work as to what they wanted to achieve for an answer.

Well done!

I didn't want to tell that it was too easy otherwise you might have slacked off a bit and taken it to easy icon_wink.gif

Looks like it worked.
  • Options
    Yes, I did follow Strauchr's advice, and just read, read, read. The concepts are fairly straight forward, and most questions you can answer by using a little common sense and the process of elimination. Strauchr, you were definitely on the mark when you said that you should know the Process areas (particularly Service Support and Delivery and Problem Management) inside and out. Thanks again. Now, off to the 70-284 exam - Exchange... complete change of direction!... :)
  • Options
    agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
    Good luck with 284... its easy, but give it a good read and practice :)
  • Options
    ExDss wrote:
    Yes, I did follow Strauchr's advice, and just read, read, read. The concepts are fairly straight forward, and most questions you can answer by using a little common sense and the process of elimination. Strauchr, you were definitely on the mark when you said that you should know the Process areas (particularly Service Support and Delivery and Problem Management) inside and out. Thanks again. Now, off to the 70-284 exam - Exchange... complete change of direction!... :)

No worries mate. Good luck with 284 - I failed this by 1 question the first time I took it. I took it way too easy and it taught me a serious lesson. Scored a 920 on it the second time around - no exam is gonna mess with me :)