Options

LPI Level 3 enters BETA !

lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
Dear all,

as I've seen questions on the LPI Level 3 certification in different forums I just wanted to let everybody know that LPI has now invited people (including me icon_cool.gif ) to a Level 3 Beta Examlab in Utrecht, Netherlands next week.

Unfortunately, due to the short notice, I will not be able to participate and share this with you but maybe someone from the forum (Webmaster icon_wink.gif ) can be there.
Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
Goal for 2014: RHCA
Goal for 2015: CCDP

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Sounds like a great opportunity, for people who are more experienced with Linux than I am. Even though the sample tasks listed here:
    https://group.lpi.org/cgi-bin/publicwiki/view/Examdev/LPIC-3TaskList#Sample_Tasks
    are simple basics, I'd be wasting their time and perhaps even take up someone else spot who has a better chance at actually passing. Thanks for sharing though! If someone else goes I'd love to here some feedback about difficulty etc. Entrance and the beta are free. And level 1 and 2 exams are offered at a 50% discount.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    That sounds really cool, I've been wondering when the LPIC-3 was going to be moving forward. I'd been worried that maybe the idea had been dropped by LPI, since the level 1 exam came about in 2001, the level 2 came out around 2002, and then the level 3 remained in "coming soon" status. I guess they were just waiting to see if people were interested in the certs, before taking the time to develop new exams.

From the looks of it, they've taken a good direction. I like the idea of getting general Linux knowledge first, then being able to choose specifics, like Samba, LDAP, or possibly things like LAMP, the inner-workings of the kernel, or clustering. Keep us posted, lordy.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NEWSFLASH

I have just received another invitation from LPI for BETA exams at the LinuxWorldExpo in Cologne in Mid November.

I'm currently trying to make things happen to be there but unfortunately this is not yet sure. I really hope I can make it so I can give you some feedback on this.

As I have never taken a BETA exam before: Do I get certified if I pass the BETA or do I just get a shake hands and a "thank you for paticipating ?"
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP