Options

profiles

amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
Hi,

Im having problems copying a user profile over to another user. The user in question doesnt have the 'COPY TO' button available ( its greyed out ) in her local profile. We dont use roaming profiles. Im viewing it with the administrators account and all of the profiles are local administrators. I am able to copy over some of the others should I wish.

Any ideas please? Its causing me a major hassle. icon_sad.gif
Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )

Comments

• Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    Hi,

Im having problems copying a user profile over to another user. The user in question doesnt have the 'COPY TO' button available ( its greyed out ) in her local profile. We dont use roaming profiles. Im viewing it with the administrators account and all of the profiles are local administrators. I am able to copy over some of the others should I wish.

Any ideas please? Its causing me a major hassle. icon_sad.gif

You are not logged into the account you want to copy right?
    Cause Im pretty sure you cannot do that.
    Is it an Administrators profile?
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you tried simply rebooting the computer? If a profile wasn't fully unloaded you can't delete or copy it.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Im logged on as the administrator, trying to copy another admins profile onto another admins profile

Interesting idea about the unloaded profile - I'll try it.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Reboot, the profile probably isn't fully unloaded as sprky said
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you trying to copy the whole profile?
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    yes

as it contains some vital connection info that we cant reproduce and that users no longer works there.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    'k - the best way to copy an entire profile is to boot to something like the UBCD or BartCD and then use one of the file managers there to do the copy. Personally I use BartCD.
    When booted to the OS on the drive (even in a different profile) you will likely get fails on NTUser.dat and a few other files.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007