Options

Just Passed.

bbbngowcbbbngowc Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
I can't begin to say how happy I am that this is over. I was getting tired studying for it and would have hated to resit this particular exam.

The exam was pretty straight forward. Just need to pay attention to details.

Used:

CBT Nuggets
Home Lab (2 Routers and 1 Switch)
This Site
Transcender
Completed the ICND and BSCI courses.

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cool, congrats! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Well done icon_thumright.gif
    What's next on the cert list?
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    steve-o87 wrote:
    Well done icon_thumright.gif
    What's next on the cert list?

Probably Security+. Then finish the MCSE track.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    tuscanituscani Member Posts: 121
    Awesome.. wow so many passes this week!
  • Options
    kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    So how do I go about getting the certification package from Cisco? You know, the Certificate and the wallet thing and others. :D
  • Options
    bbbngowc wrote:
    So how do I go about getting the certification package from Cisco?
    You'll be getting an email from Cisco at the email address you gave Prometric or VUE...... but after one or two business days your score probably will be reported to Cisco and they will assign your Cisco ID. Once they have done that, you should be able to access the Cisco Certification Tracking Website -- the URL is on your score report.

The email says to log into the Tracking system and update your profile to insure they have your correct information and to select your "version." It defaults to paper (which also gives you a congratulation letter and the wallet card). The electronic version of the certificate is a downloadable PDF (in a few days) and a PDF of both sides of the wallet card.

Now you have an option to pay for DHL shipping of your free paper certificate (if that's what you selected) to get it sooner. You can also buy up to 2 "extra" copies of each -- paper or electronic. If you purchase an additional Paper copy, I think they also have the DHL delivery option (for extra $$$) -- which is nice if your Mail Carrier mangles your certificates (and the replacement, and that replacement, etc).

I took my exam on a Friday and was logged into the Tracking System the following Tuesday -- but I think they say it can be up to 10 days....
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    bbbngowc wrote:
    So how do I go about getting the certification package from Cisco?
    You'll be getting an email from Cisco at the email address you gave Prometric or VUE...... but after one or two business days your score probably will be reported to Cisco and they will assign your Cisco ID. Once they have done that, you should be able to access the Cisco Certification Tracking Website -- the URL is on your score report.

The email says to log into the Tracking system and update your profile to insure they have your correct information and to select your "version." It defaults to paper (which also gives you a congratulation letter and the wallet card). The electronic version of the certificate is a downloadable PDF (in a few days) and a PDF of both sides of the wallet card.

Now you have an option to pay for DHL shipping of your free paper certificate (if that's what you selected) to get it sooner. You can also buy up to 2 "extra" copies of each -- paper or electronic. If you purchase an additional Paper copy, I think they also have the DHL delivery option (for extra $$$) -- which is nice if your Mail Carrier mangles your certificates (and the replacement, and that replacement, etc).

I took my exam on a Friday and was logged into the Tracking System the following Tuesday -- but I think they say it can be up to 10 days....

You are absolutely correct. I just read the information on the score report and it said the same thing. I guess I was so excited about passing I just looked at the score and ran out the testing center jumping up and down. :D
  • Options
    bbbngowc wrote:
    I guess I was so excited about passing I just looked at the score and ran out the testing center jumping up and down.
    Yeah, I was home and on my 4th Guinness before I finally read past the score and Pass part of the score report. icon_lol.gif