Options

Question for someone with a IP phone system

JVEJVE Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a phone system at work. I want to have a lab type location so I can upgrade the firmware on only one of my phones and not every 7941 model phone. If I put the firmware in the TFTP directory for that model phone, it will upgrade the firmware on that model. I want to be able to test the code out before i mass deploy it to my phone, is my only option to set up a private Call Manager box and plug the phone into that private lan? Let me know how you guys do this. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can you set an ACL on a router or firewall ahead of the TFTP server (or on the tftp server itself) to only allow access from your test phone IP? Then remove the ACL once your testing is complete to allow all your phones to update.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    JVEJVE Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well i am sure i can do that, but I want an easy way. I dont mind setting up call manager outside of my regular system in order to accomplish this, just looking for the easy way. And yes an ACL is easy, but I have to go and find out the IP everytime, not something I am looking to do.

Is the seperate Call Manager the easiest way?
  • Options
    DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108
    What you want to do is download the .bin (not the .exe) for your phone load and copy it to the TFTP folder. Then add the name of the file, excluding the .bin to the "phone load name" on the specific device that yow want to test. The value that you enter overrides the default value for the current model in your system settings.

Let me know if this helps.