Options

Impressions of CIT?

RandyCCIE#TBDRandyCCIE#TBD Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
If any here has already passed the CIT exam could you offer some feedback on its difficulty?

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you prepare for the CIT exam while studying for the other exams, its easy.

If you forget everything after taking an exam, and just read the CIT Exam Study Guide, you'll probably find it hard (and fail).

While the CIT has its own exam blueprint, it really can cover anything troubleshooting related from the other 3 exam topics (that can be wedged into the CIT blueprint topics) and the new fluff from CIT. If you don't remember the show and debug commands (and their output) from the first 3 exams topics, you'll have lots of problems with this exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    cisco_troublecisco_trouble Inactive Imported Users Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dont worry, at least you have to understand anything new beccause covered it already in the previous exams.
    "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    I found it the easiest of the lot.

The Exam certification guide from cisco is utter Trash! what a waste of time.

Having said that I have worked in a fault finding enviroment for many years and so my mind set was prepared.

I would reccomend reading over the over 3 books, concentrate on debugs and faults.

Do some labs with breaking stuff and fixing it.

Make sure you know your show commands and which ones to use as and when.

Sims very easy from what I remember.

I would also do the Knet series if you have it.

This link was my main source and the most usefull, the DOCcd is your friend!

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/itg_v1/index.htm

Focus on the shows and debug outputs from the other books
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.