rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
Why am i wrong here?

routing1.jpg
CCIE# 38186
showroute.net

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looks exactly like an offical exam question!! If you wanna **** dont bring it to this forum!
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    um its a question from ExamForce.... i dont ****.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
    Well, net 192.168.2.0 with 1 hop should get on the routing table (the one from S0/1. The reason would be that it received from S0/1 a route with lower hop count...

Maybe the answer is wrong...? Why did you choose C?
  • Options
    convenientstoreconvenientstore Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    based on my study
    For rip
    1)if a router learns multiple routes to the same subnet, it chooses the best route based on the metric

2)but router received two routes w/ equal metric therefore it should take the first route it learned. So, answer COULD have been B and D but if you look at D closely, it says metric was [120/2] instead of
    [120/1] and only B is the right answer.

I am not ccna yet and still preparing.. so hopefully if I am wrong, please someone correct all of us.

Thank you.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    but router received two routes w/ equal metric therefore it should take the first route it learned.
    RIP does equal cost load-balancing (can do up to 6 routes) -- so you'd have 2 different routes to the same location in the routing table. How it decides to use those 2 routes is a CCNP topic.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    convenientstoreconvenientstore Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thank you.

I looked up and you are right

page 236 off cisco press ICND

excerpt

R 10.0.0.0/8 [120/1] via 172.16.3.3, 00:00:13, Serial0/1
    [120/1] via 172.16.2.2, 00:00:04, Serial0/0

"Simply put, classful routing protocols do not support a design with discontiguous networks, but classless routing protocols do support discontiguous networks.
    As shown in example 7-7, albuguerque now has two routes to network 10.0.0.0. Instead of sending packets destined for Yosemite's subnets out serial 0/0, Albuquerque sends some packets out S0/1 to Seville! Albuquerque simply balances the packets across thw two routes, because as far as it can tell, the two routes are simply equa-cost routes to the same destination. So, applications would cease to function correctly in this network.
    Migrating to use a classless routing protocol with autosummarization disabled takes care of this problem"
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    rakem wrote:
    um its a question from ExamForce.... i dont ****.
    Even ExamForce willl forgive us for hosting one of their questions, it doesn't matter whether they are actual questions or practice questions. They don't 'belong' to you, nor to us, so they should not be posted in these forums. Their questions, just like actual questions, and those from others (includes free practice questions as well!), are copyright protected. And before you come with an excuse that it's only a single question, if hundreds of other do the same (not just in our forums), they (in this case ExamForce) wouldn't have anything left to sell... Apart from that, it's simply illegal and a violation of our Registration Terms.

So, how can you get answer/explanations here, for practice questions from others?

By learning the technologies and concepts rather than practice questions. And then you will know what to ask. I.o.w. what parts from the practice question you need to ask about 'and' rephrase in your own question. The best way to do that is break down the practice question to a simplified 'real'-world situation.

"I'm running debug rip on my router and get the following output..." "I'm receiving these RIP routes on my router, which will be added to the routing table" etc. etc. As long as you don't 'copy' the question (nor answers). Ask about the technology, not 'what is the answer to this question' (unless it's one of our own questions, or even one you made up yourself.)

This goes for actual exam questions as well. You don't need to violate the NDA or copyrights to get an answer to a technical question. A simple example, if you get a sim about OSPF and don't know how to answer it, you obviously can't go into detail about the tasks in the sim. But you don't have to mention "I got a sim about OSPF in which I had to .....". Instead, you could say "I'm building an OSPF network, have x,y and z routers and want to blablabla..." and obviously don't include the exact same details as in the sim, just the technology, command, concept, you didn't understand.

The goal is not to be able to answer 'a' question, but any question they will throw at you and is within the scope of the exam objectives. If a practice exam shows you are missing questions on a certain topic, you need to restudy the topic until you know the answer, and not study the question in the hope it will shine light on the topic (which besides the point it could, but is not the right approach to fully understand the topics on a level that should be expected of a CCNA).

If you don't know how to rephrase the question into a non-exam/multiple choice question covering technologies you need to learn, and are free to discuss without violating the NDA or our forum rules, then you can take that as a sign to start at the beginning (in my example the first page of the OSPF section in your study guide).