Just passed

oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
Passed the o/s an hour ago with 716(scored 675 on hardware). I thought this exam was better related to the course work than the hardware.
There where a few fiddly question that if you had been in front of a computer it would take you ten seconds to find or if you are working in IT would be second nature. Two questions on fire extinguishers, I only know type C so if that wasn't the answer I got it wrong! One on a overhead HALO fire system. The usual customer service type question that where all self explanatory. A block of hardware questions which where very welcome.Erm, TCP/IP, dynamic drives, disk utilitilies, dns some NT and a couple of 95 but mainly 2000/xp, oh and at least 5 on ESD.
If you have general knowledge use of 95 to xp I think you would pass.
Someone came into the examination room part way through to start an exam which was a bit off putting, I don't know what exam he was sitting but the poor bloke was sighing and muttering to himself.
So what next I wait for my certificate, by the way what I am I now a P.C service technician or an A+ Professional?
N+ or CCNA, don't know a lot about CCNA and as I am aiming for a tech support role I suppose N+ would be better?
Best of luck to everyone taking the A+ it will be interesting to see what the new exam is like.
Try til it hurts then try some more

Comments

• johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
    CONGRATS!! :D
    BS - Computer Science
    MS - Computer Information Systems

Your official CompTIA title is A+ Certified Professional (I think). If you did OK on the networking domains of the A+ tests, I suggest going for Network+ next, while the information is still fresh in your head. Whatever you choose to go for next, good luck!
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Yup, CompTIA A+ Certified Professional

depending on where you are in your career, Network+, MCP, CCNA are all good candidates for your next certification.

All the best.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! As far as N+ vs CCNA, I suppose it depends on what you mean by "tech support". If you really want to do networking then I would advise CCNA, but if you're week in the networking arena, it would be helpful to do N+ first.
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    icon_thumright.gif:Dicon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass. As for your question: it all depends on how you felt about the networking portion of your A+ tests. If you felt it was all too easy, then go on and do CCNA. If you felt like it was overwhelming or confusing, you might want to do Network+ to get yourself up to speed on networking basics.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • mark_forevermark_forever Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations