Options

Worth a shot?

lafferlaffer Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
4 years ago when I was in high school I took a CCNA class; we studied out of the sybex book and had a lab set up in the class room with 5 routers to do labs on. If I had taken the exam then (I don't know why I didn't) i'm fairly confident I would have passed. Is it unreasonable for me to assume that I could grab the most current sybex book, study it cover to cover, and pass the exam without any kind of in home lab set up?

Comments

• Options
    J2tehkJ2tehk Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm sure there are some people who have passed and only read the book with no lab time.
  • Options
    MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    I'd read more than 1 book even if I had a fully functioning rockin' out lab. For CCNA read the Sybex, ExamCram, & CiscoPress...that should set ya' up. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    The test has changed A LOT in the last 4 years. I mean when I worked at an IT school, the 2 times cisco changed the exam, the pass rates went thru the floor and these were really good instructors.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Yup. My instructor for the bootcamp I took in April was telling us of a student sitting in a class for recert. He was goofing off, thinking the test would be a piece of cake as it used to be. He wouldn't heed the warnings of the instructor telling him the test has changed and is harder.
    Imagine the shock the student got when he failed.

Point is, get the latest material you can, and note that the passing score is about an 85, with one or more sims.