Options

What to expect in a desktop support interview ?

sixcarsixcar Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was courious to what to expect in a desktop support interview, if anyone has interviewed for this job i would appreciate any info. Have not interviewed for this type of position. What could i expect as far as what the job would consist of. Im new into the IT field and i have a interview next week.
Thanks , i read techexams about everday to get info.

Comments

• Options
    tuscanituscani Member Posts: 121
    First off, Congrats on your interview and good luck. Try not to panic. I can only comment on my personal exp, so don't assume this is what will def happen. Generally in a L1 support position the interviewer is more focused on your cust service skills than your tech skills. With that said, you will probably be asked questions related to the types of issues L1 techs work most:

- Printers, OS, basic hardware, Office, networking (TCPIP troubleshooting), ect.

Be sure to let us know how it goes!

Justin
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Expect it to be a little more difficult than the interview they give some people in my company for the helpdesk. (i know you said desktop and not helpdesk its just my rant today! icon_lol.gif )

ACTUAL questions to test knowledge:

How do you cut and paste using keyboard shortcuts?
    What does IE6 stand for?

icon_eek.gif

That aside well done and just be yourself, remember they will be looking at you for your inter-presonal skills as well as your IT skills for this one, so be sure to be polite, enthusiastic and professional.

Time to dig the suit out too.

One last note if it is a entry level position it may have high turnover of staff so they will be looking for the one who will stay in the position for a time. Stating you want to progress your career and skills is all good to show ambition but dont make out its just a stepping stone.

Good luck :D
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools