Options

here's the scoop (cert path)

Young FredYoung Fred Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
Im a 22 yr old male. And im in a IT program for acclerated learning. i have optained since june A+, Net+, currently taking mcdst. After this class i have hdi/hda (not a big deal). They payed for these and i have the choice of two electives. Im going for my mcsa2003, and mcse2003, so im going to use my electives on 290, and 291. I have to pay for 270 my self then i can apply my mcdst as the last required exam. Thats my mcsa2003.
then to get the mcse2003 instead of 6 core exams and 1 elective all i have is to pay for is :
293,294,297,and security+ to make me mcse2003/security certified!
any feedback and/or advice is appreciated!
YoungFred.jpg

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Get some work experience to go with all of those certs right now, and you will be in much much much much much better position once you graduate.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    I have to agree...you can have all the certifications in the world but without experience you are looking at lower pay and crappier jobs.

O how I hated doing help desk to gain exp.
  • Options
    Young FredYoung Fred Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah im thinking of volunteering at like bestbuy or some kind of IT department. but i think after or between getting those certs i will try to obtain my MCT because my shcool is a lil understaffed withe spreading certified teachers across several branch offfices
    YoungFred.jpg