Options

PASSED with 934!!

rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
So i just got home from sitting the CCNA exam for the first time and im very happy to report that I passed with 934. Here is the break down

Planning and Designing 88%
Implementation & Operation 100%
Troubleshooting 83%
Technology 93%

I used the following books
Sybex CCNA study Guide 5th edition
Excellent book, highly recommend for anyone sitting the CCNA, it has every module of the test and good examples and labs. Easy to understand and easy to read

Sybex CCNA fast Past
Good book to use a few weeks before the test, it sets out all the information exactly as it appears on the Exam Description page on the Cisco website. Doesn’t get very in-depth but good for a general overview

The Bryant Advantage.
Its a good book but he goes into alot of stuff that isn’t really necessary for the CCNA, but it has great info on OSPF, Access Lists and Frame relay.

CCNA ICND Self Study Cisco Press
Awesome book. This book teamed with Sybex 5th edition is a great source of information, it has stuff that isn’t covered in the sybex book and also some really good practice question. It explains everything clearly and is very easy to read. A must.

Exam Cram 2
Didnt use this book to much, but the frame relay chapter was excellent, it seems to be on par with the rest of the books, maybe a little to brief in some sections.

I also used the following test sims
Exam Cram - hundreds of questions, some are very difficult as well so its a good test of your knowledge

Trancender - Excellent. It has a few sims which are similar to the actual test which is good so you know how they work. and some good questions to. You can enter key words such as EIGRP, and it will only ask you questions on that subject which is great!!

SemSim - Not the best, some answers are just plan wrong and some questions are very badly worded.... not really recommended.

The test it self was pretty standard, in a small room with a few other people, i had 56 questions with 3 sims and maybe 7 drag and drops. The only thing i will say is make sure you know your routing protocols!!!

Thanks to anyone who has helped me out on here!!
So yep i passed and im gonna go out and party hard tonight
CCIE# 38186
showroute.net

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats and thanks for the review!
  • Options
    no worries... anything to help this great site which really helped me alot!

IM GOING DRINKING!!!!
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great score and nice book review. Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

And a nice review! icon_thumright.gif

Enjoy the celebrations! drunken_smilie.gif But no drinking and driving.

Hum... maybe passing the exam should include a free taxicab voucher.... or people who didn't pass could be the designated drivers. icon_lol.gif Hey, I just figured out a reason to be part of a local study group!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ObligedObliged Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job. With that high of a score, you could become an instructor.
    roses are #FF0000
    violets are #0000FF
    all my base
    are belong to you
  • Options
    na instructing is not for me, maybe when im 50 and dont wanna work anymore but im only 22 so thanks but no thanks!!
    :D
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Thanks for the material review for other aspiring CCNAs! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • Options
    agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
    Congrats! I'm next.... :)
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108