Options

Alt.binaries.CBT

ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
Hi,

I was wondering how I can access this newsgroup to gain information
about Comptia Aplus. I have tried using Google, but I have only gotten snibbets of messages, and don't know how to access this actual newsgroup. thanks.
Richard Krenzel

Comments

• Options
    davenportdavenport Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You need a news reader. Something like agent, or newsleech. Just look on google for news reader software. HTH
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You can also just use outlook express. I don't read the binaries groups because they are generally just pirate groups. I do read most of the IT related groups, MS, Cisco, Programming etc. with just outlook express, but I have also used agent. If you are intent on doing a lot of this then agent might be better for you. Be careful what you ask for as you may want a shower later. Oh you will also need a newsgroup server, your ISP may have one already.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
    I use xnews which is a free newsgroup reader, in the uk tesco.net and virgin.net are both free newsgroup servers. The binaries.cbts does contain most of the software you would need to study for most of the exams on this forum but you are correct it would be pirate copies. There are thousands of groups it's well worth a look but don't expect it to be the same as the web.
    I don't think that outlook lets you download binaries?
    http://xnews.newsguy.com/
    Try til it hurts then try some more