Options

Post your "memory techniques" before preparing for

NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
I know everybody has their own little technique about how to prepare and memorize as much stuff as possible before the exam, do share! :)
What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
- 70-270 -

Comments

• Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Someone mentioned 'memory mapping' today.

When i get chance think i will google it and have a look.

Apparently a friend of thiers now speaks 4 new languages in a short period of time due to using it.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    n3tw0rkg0d wrote:
    I know everybody has their own little technique about how to prepare and memorize as much stuff as possible before the exam, do share! :)

I like to write and read,i go through alot of paper and pens,it takes longer but i find it keeps me awake and more attentive.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Sie wrote:
    Someone mentioned 'memory mapping' today.

When i get chance think i will google it and have a look.

Apparently a friend of thiers now speaks 4 new languages in a short period of time due to using it.

I'll save you the googling. The stuff on this site improved my memorization 100 fold.

http://www.mindtools.com

Go to the memory improvement section.
  • Options
    NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i usually try to write stuff down and then reread it couple of times, i underline a lot of stuff in the book..
    some one told me that underlying with different colors works, but i haven't tried that yet either. There's this stuff called Ginkgo Biloba suposed to improve the memory, i tried it can't say that it has improved all that much :)
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • Options
    WindowsLMWindowsLM Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I read thru it once, ie book. I take tests, assuming there are practice exams available, or you can make up your own of 20-30 questions. Just researching the stuf helps ingrain it in your head. If you know the objectives, I make flash cards of what will be covered on the exams, and get a study group to help quiz and prepare one another, not always available tho :/. good luck in preparing for your exam(s).
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took a Dale Carnegie course that focused on Leadership. In it they taught things like Public Speaking, improving/pushing youself, discipline, and some memory techniques. My favorite (actually the only memory technique that I remember icon_lol.gif ) was for remembering lists of items. It works real well using numbers and keywords associated with those numbers. Using this technique I would play a game with my kids on long drives. We would come up with a topic (like a Trip to the Beach) and they would write down and read to me 20 items they would bring, but they would just tell me once and not let me see the paper the list was on (I was driving anyway and they were in the back seat). After that, they would ask me stuff like "What was the 13th item?", "What number was sunscreen?" and on and on until there was only 2-3 items left. I would then tell them what those last 2-3 items were and what number they were on the list. I never lost a game using the Dale Carnegie technique. I could even recite the list backwards to them.

The technique is called "Pegging".
    http://everything2.com/index.pl?node=how%20to%20memorize%20things%20by%20pegging
    All things are possible, only believe.